Body Lift or Body Contouring After Weight Loss IN SCOTTSDALE & PHOENIX– WEINRACH PLASTIC SURGERY
Losing weight has significant health advantages, including lowering blood pressure, reducing the risk of diabetes, and taking the pressure off joints like ankles and knees. Individuals lose weight through multiple processes like a diet and exercise routine or bariatric surgery. Whatever course you choose, you may need help removing excess skin and persistent fat bulges to achieve the body you so richly deserve. For patients in Scottsdale, Phoenix and beyond, double-board certified plastic surgeon, Jonathan C. Weinrach, MD FACS offers body contouring procedures sure to improve your body outline while increasing confidence and self-esteem.
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring involves a wide range of procedures and surgeries that redefine, reshape, tone, tighten, and improve the overall body shape.
As more people understand the health benefits of losing weight, surgery such as gastric bypass, lap band procedures, and medical weight loss clinics have been gaining in popularity. To finish the mission of feeling and looking great, residents of the Scottsdale and Phoenix area seek body contouring procedures including a body lift or other body contouring solutions.
Good Candidates for Body Contouring or a Body Lift
Suitable candidates for improving body outlines after significant weight loss include:
- Healthy patients, with no severe medical issues that may impair proper healing or increase risks during surgery
- Adults whose weight has become stable
- Patients who commit to a healthy lifestyle after achieving their body shaping goals
- Those who have realistic goals and have a positive outlook
Recovering from a body lift may take four to six weeks, so the patient should understand they will have to make the necessary time in their work and personal schedules to heal and recover.
Body Contouring Consultation
Patients who consider body contouring or a body lift should be prepared to discuss the following:
- Medical history, previous medical procedures, and drug allergies
- Desired goals
- Drug and alcohol usage
- Current medications, herbal supplements, and vitamin intake
- Previous surgeries
Dr. Weinrach will need this information and possibly more to ensure you have the safest and most effective procedure possible. He will also:
- Take precise measurements while evaluating your body
- Evaluate your overall health while assessing risk factors and preexisting conditions
- Discuss treatment options and make recommendations
- Review your medical records
- Discuss what results are possible and which are not
- Discuss potential complications and risks
The safety and success of your surgery depend on candid conversation and transparency. Come with a carefully prepared list of questions before your consultation.
Dr. Weinrach is dedicated to helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals through an individualized approach to patient care and commitment to safety. His extensive experience and unique skill set produces long-lasting, natural looking results.
Body Lift with Jonathan C. Weinrach MD, FACS
When weight loss causes a sagging and dimpled effect on the lower torso and thighs, a body lift can improve skin tightness and texture by enhancing the tone and contour of underlying tissues. These tissues are critical support systems which determine your overall physique. The areas which a body lift can help include:
- Abdominal area
- Lower back
- Flanks (love handles)
- Inner and outer thighs
Weight fluctuation, sun damage, genetics, age, and pregnancy can reduce skin elasticity causing these areas to droop and sag.
A body lift can do more than remove excess skin and fat. A body lift will create a smoother contour in targeted areas by tightening the deeper tissues as well as removing skin folds and dimples. It will also reduce or eliminate skin irritation and infections from excess skin rubbing together.
Patients love the fact that they can wear clothing they had to avoid before surgery. Dress, pant, and shirt sizes drop because the body is smaller, with less hanging skin.
Other Body Contouring Procedures
Although a body lift is a popular surgery to consider after bariatric surgery, there are other procedures you might need to get the body you want. They include:
- Liposuction – the most popular aesthetic surgery will remove excess fat from trouble spots that diet and exercise cannot improve.
- Tummy Tuck – this body contouring procedure tightens abdominal muscles creating a flat stomach, while removing excess skin and fat.
- Mommy Makeover – this is a popular cosmetic solution for mothers trying to reclaim their pre-pregnancy body.
In addition, there are multiple breast surgeries available to help women and improve breast contour and elevation. They include breast augmentation, breast lift, male breast reduction (Gynecomastia), breast revision, and breast reduction.
Healing and recovery from body contouring may differ from patient to patient. Also, the procedure(s) chosen will have an impact on the severity of the healing process. Here is what you can expect during the recovery phase of your journey, no matter what procedure you choose.
- You will need help – have an adult friend or family member accompany you to the surgery center to make sure you get home and have support once you get there. Some cases require an overnight stay at the surgical facility.
- Bandages and surgical garments – Dr. Weinrach and his team will apply bandages and a compression garment to ensure the healing process is a success.
- Medications – you will be prescribed pain medicine, muscle relaxants, and sometimes antibiotics depending on the case, to take at home after surgery. It is important to follow Dr. Weinrach’s medication instructions to minimize the chance of complications.
- Sutures – Dr. Weinrach will close the incision with stitches. Some will dissolve on their own; others we will remove within a week to ten days.
- Instructions – you will receive instructions to follow both before and after surgery. They will include activity levels, medications to avoid, rest, bathing and sleep instructions.
- Returning to work – you can expect to miss some time from work, more for some procedures and less with others. For example, a body lift will keep you home for two to four weeks, while you can return to daily responsibilities within days after liposuction.
- Follow up appointments – Dr. Weinrach will schedule follow up visits to ensure you are healing properly and your body is reacting as it should. You can also call during your recovery if you have any questions or concerns.
Radical weight loss is a long road. Those who succeed at it are among incredibly brave and determined. The body lift is the final step to releasing the trim body you not only deserve but can actually enjoy.